Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing all the mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day! Especially my mom, my mother in law, my grandmas (and grandmas in law, I just call you grandma too) and all of my special June 2009 mamas!

I had a wonderful Mother's Weekend. Saturday, Jim took over TJ duty so I could paint my kitchen with help from my mom. I had been putting off painting the kitchen for the past 3+ years with hopes that we could just gut it. Unfortunately, that is not going to happen anytime soon. I couldn't stand it any longer so a face lift was in order. I'm so incredibly happy with how it looks now! Jim just didn't understand why I have been so embarrassed by the state of the kitchen. I finally found a good analogy. I asked him how he would feel if he hadn't mowed the lawn for 3 years and all of his family and friends were coming to the house. That is how I've felt about this kitchen for the past several years. All of the damage has been patched and the dirty blue-so-pale-is-it-really-blue? walls are now a nice shade of sage green. One shade up on the color strip from our family room. I do still want to put a fresh coat of glossy white on the cabinets and get some new hardware but the difference is so dramatic I actually don't feel the need to do that right now. I ended the day with a nice hot bubble bath. :-)

This morning I got to sleep in and then we went to brunch with my parents and brother. TJ got me a Mama card and a pedometer for me to use on our walk/jogs. Jim got my a beautiful necklace with a black pearl floating in a circle. It's EXACTLY what I would have picked out so he did an excellent job. The pearl is both my and TJ's birthstone. We then spend the afternoon at the Brookfield Zoo.

A few pictures of our fun day
Photobucket

My little lovebug
Photobucket

Getting a big fat kiss from my little man
Photobucket

I have to say, it was nice having Jim behind the camera so I actually have some pictures with me in them!

A very nice zoo volunteer came over to take a group shot. I can't believe how great it turned out!
Photobucket

No comments: