Monday, April 5, 2010

Generations and Vacations

Every year for the past 10 or so my parents and grandparents have taken a vacation together over spring break. My grandparents have timeshare points so they book a really nice condo and meet in Branson, MO since it's about equal distance for both of them. This year I decided to go with since I no longer have to worry about PTO. Jim must not have wanted to be the one left at home so he decided to come with as well. ;-) It was a bit of a crazy and unpredictable vacation but I'll just give you some highlights.

We did lots and lots of outlet shopping.

Photobucket

I get asked a lot, and yes TJ actually enjoys wearing hats! He pulled it down over his eyes and took a little nap. Shopping is exhausting you know.... see?

Photobucket

But TJ got new kicks!

Photobucket

We went to one show - Dolly Parton's Dixie Land Stampeed. Great show! The horses were extremely well cared for and the food was amazing. Jim and I were even selected to participate in the show and had to race another couple on a stick horse. Thankfully, pictures were not allowed inside. But we did get a family picture outside by the horses.

Photobucket

And spent quite a bit of time just relaxing...

Photobucket

The best part of the week was spending it with my grandparents - TJ's GREAT grandparents. He absolutely loved great grandpa. They were instant best friends.

Photobucket

He really liked grandpa's cane - we called it TJ's Shepard hook.

Photobucket

I love you great grandma!

Photobucket


p.s. 3 of these pictures were taken on a Canon power shot and the rest were taken on a DSLR - can you tell which ones? I see a huge difference. ;-)

2 comments:

The McDonalds said...

Samsies! Norah has those Chucks in pink!

Looks like fun ;0)

Christy said...

Looks like a fun trip! :) Are you still at genE?