Friday, April 9, 2010

Double Digits!

Happy 10 Months TJ!

You might remember the debacle we had last month trying to get a picture of TJ... well something must have clicked because he was cooperative! He smiled AND held his sign. I was flabbergasted. It may have helped that he had just woken from his nap so he was a bit more on the mellow side...

To celebrate we took Lucy for a nice long walk and went to the park. TJ hadn't been in a swing since last November but he loved every minute! Laughing, smiling, and squealing, I wish I would have brought the video camera.

This is such a fun age. TJ's all over the house but a very careful child. He rarely falls, if ever. He holds onto things and has only lets go to reach for me. He's suddenly found his voice and babbles constantly (and loudly), shrieks and squeals. He's also learned to shake his head no - which comes in really handy since he does it when he's finished eating. He loves chicken and anything to do with cheese. Tonight we grilled chicken breasts and had macaroni and cheese so he was in heaven.

TJ sleeps through the night consistently, going to bed about 7:30 and waking in the morning between 6:30 and 7. He's gotten sooo much better about napping and will go down for a good hour and a half to 2 hours in the morning and an hour to an hour and a half in the afternoon. He also puts himself to sleep! He's become a bit of a pacifier addict but I try to only let him have it in the car and in the crib. Unfortunately, if he sees one he'll do whatever it takes to get that thing in his mouth. I'm not too concerned right now, he needs the comfort - we'll cross that bridge later.

I love having such an affectionate child. He'll still cuddle, when he's not too busy chasing Lucy, gives me kisses and pets me. We've gotten him to raise his arms for "sooo big" a couple of times but a lot of the time he just laughs at us. Right now I'm working on eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. I can see the wheels turning in his little head so I bet he'll be pointing them out by next month's update.

On to the pictures!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think we might have a musical prodigy on our hands!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: