Tuesday, January 12, 2010

7 months!

I'm a bit late but it's nap time so I'm going to try and catch up. It's harder to get online now that I have a mobile boy. Plus, he's taking after his dad diving for any kind of electronic. He's obsessed with tv remotes, cell phones, the laptop...

Six months was such a big milestone - half a year old. Seven months is kind of sad for me. We're on the down swing towards a year old and it's just going by so fast. Now that TJ is crawling he doesn't seem like my little baby anymore. Luckily, he's still a cuddle bug and I'm still nursing so we have lots of close time together.

I have put away all of the 6 month clothing. He's in 9 months right now and some 12 month sleepers. He's been sleeping better again, rarely waking up at night and when he does goes right back to sleep with his nuk. I know it's a crutch I'll regret later, but I'll think about that tomorrow. Tomorrow's another day. ;-)

He's been eating one meal a day of real food - at dinner time. So far he's had bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes, and prunes (we had a little constipation this weekend from the sweet potatoes). His favorite by far is the avocados! He gets water in a sippy cup while he eats which he LOVES. He's become quite the little pro at holding and drinking from the sippy himself. Such a big boy!

He's not a huge talker but does babble his fair share. He's been working on bababa mostly. TJ definitely knows his name and will turn when you call him. He loves playing with his toys and is especially intrigued by small things and wheels. His fine motor skills amaze me - he can pick up his puffs with his finger and thumb, switch things from hand to hand, pick up just a few strands of my hair at a time and other small things. TJ laughs a lot at the silly noises and faces I make for him and also tries to mimic me. He's just such a happy baby!

I'm still working on trying to get him to clap but he doesn't quite get it. He does appreciate my playing patty cake though. Oh! We did teach him to high five so that's pretty funny. He still gives me kisses, but they hurt a bit since he digs his bottom two teeth into me.

On to the pictures!

Photobucket

These are getting kinda tricky to take since TJ is getting so mobile. He doesn't like to sit still for very long!

Photobucket

Uh oh, here he goes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, he pulled up himself! Don't think I'm a bad mother, Jim was right there to grab him. ;-)

Photobucket

No comments: