Monday, September 28, 2009

Remembering who we are

Saturday, Jim and I got back to our roots and hit up the Dave Matthews Band concert. We've gone to at least one a year since we've been together - since 2002. I bought these tickets way back in March, knowing we'd have a 3 month old but I just couldn't fathom breaking our tradition. Am I'm glad we went! It was wonderful to have not only a night out, but a remembrance of who we are and where we came from. How our mutual love for Dave is one of the driving things that brought us together. While it was no where near the best Dave concert we've been to, it was wonderful to be together listening to the music.

The array of people we saw was fascinating. Everything from a chick in her early 20s sporting a sequined mini-dress, to a gaggle of teenagers all wearing uggs and clutching their dooney & burke bags, to the middle age couples in flannel shirts and high waist mom jeans. I couldn't tell where we fit in, but it was the first time I felt old at a Dave concert. Though, perhaps it was the lack of sleep after having been up at 3 and 6 the night before that made me feel old and tired. Regardless, we had a fun night out without our new little accessory, and I remembered all over again why I fell in love with my husband.

Thanks for that Dave, and we'll see you next year!

No comments: